Saturday, October 16, 2010


Well Life has been so very busy lately, but to update people on my life. I was in Manila for three weeks, were we lived in a slum called Botocan. I got back Sep. 21st. Manila is hot but also so awesome. I made many amazing friends while I was there. God really has stretched me in my way of praying, specifically praying meaningful prayers for others and myself. What does it mean to intercede for the ones I love and the ones I do not even know? Every Tuesday we would stay with a family in the community and we were able to talk with them about their life and what they experinece while living in Botocan. It was amazing becasue I saw the face of Jesus in the the people in Botocan. The smile on their faces and the love they showed me and the team, while feeding us, playing basketball, singing Justin Beiber (or any other music), walking around, talking, or playing games. The people of botocan showed me more love and taught me more than, I feel, I gave back. If you want to know more about Manila call me or chat me up.

I am pretty much settled in my apartment with my two roommates and our neighbors are very kind. The other interns are amazing! Each of them has this unique spirit that makes our team a community :)I am trying to find a job still, as with more than half of the interns as well, it is proven pretty hard and sometime discouraging to not have stable income. God is a god of provision and he will provide for my needs! I say this with confidence because I know he will. Well If I think of more to write I will. Much love to you all!

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment